MOSS is a platform, everybody knows it by now.
Lately I came to think that to be a "Total Sharepoint Consultant" one has to know so many things besides knowing Sharepoint (Install, Config, Dev, WebDev, Admin):
- Admin (Windows, SQL Server, AD, IIS, DNS, Firewalls, Security, SSO)
- Dev (.NET -VSTO, Office OMs like Excel, Outlook, Infopath)
- Tecnologies (RDBMS, Business Intelligence)
- Domain (Document/Records Management, Search)
- Other Products (Exchange, CRM) for integration
In' sure I forgot a few, but to be average knowledgeable on all these, 8-10 years experience are needed.